The Best Things to do in Bangor Wales
Welcome to our ultimate guide to the Things to do in Bangor Wales. We wrote this list of the best things to do in Bangor both for people who live in Bangor and also visitor to the city.
- Order a coffee and scone at the cafe at the end of Bangor Pier (Garth Pier), not only is the view spectacular but also the scones are very tasty. Its the 2nd longest pier in Wales.
- Visit Penrhyn Castle which is on the outskirts of Bangor. This is an impressive Castle and it origins date back to the medieval period. The current structure was built in 19th century but it has remains from the 15th century.
- Enjoy a walk from Bangor down to the Menai Bridge where you can take stunning photographs of the bridge (see image below), the mountains and the town. If your there visit Tafan y Bont for a great meal or just a quick drink before walking back into Bangor.
- See Bangor University as it has some great building and the view from the university over the city, mountains and Menai straight is breath taking. Visit our gallery of the university.
- If the weather is wet why not go for a Swim in the local 25 metres swimming pool in Bangor. It also has an aquaslide for those of you who want a break from swimming lengths.
See our other guide if you are looking for activities in North Wales.
If you need somewhere to stay during your visit to Bangor see the great offers on Hotels in the North Wales area. Let us know what things you would add to our things to do in Bangor Wales list? More information on the History of Bangor can be found on Wikipedia.