Things to do in North Wales
Activities and Attractions in North Wales
There are plenty of things to do in North Wales our list highlights the best of attractions some only known about by locals. Our Things to do in North Wales list combines the local history in the area, with activities, combined with the outstanding mountains and coastline.
- Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales and England. You can get to the summit by train for the less active. There’s a cafe on the top of the mountain so remember to take some cash with you. Conditions can change quickly so be prepared for bad weather.
- Go to the Anglesey and visit Beaumaris and go for a boat ride to Puffin island and look at the great views of Beaumaris, Bangor and the Snowdonia mountain range.
- Another famous attracting in North Wales is the grave of Gelert (in Beddgelert), the loyal dog of the Welsh Prince Llewelyn the Great.
- Go walking to picturesque Aber Falls, Its located about 20 minutes from Bangor along the A5. Its a lovely walk 45 minute walk to the waterfall.
Staying in North Wales then see the latest offers on Hotels
- Visit “llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf” (LlanfairPG) by train and go the Pringle shop where you can learn to pronounce the name of the place. Also get a photograph our side the train station in the village which has plaque with the name of the village on it.
- Go for a walk along Newburgh beach on the island of Anglesey and visit Ynys Dwynwen with the love of your life as Dwynwen is the Welsh saint for love
- Go up the Marques tower in LlanfairPG for the wonderful view of the area
- Visit the Edwardian castle in Caernarfon where Prince Charles had his investiture
- Go sailing along the Menai Straight and enjoy the views of Snodonia and the island of Anglesey
- Visit the smallest house in Britain which is in Conwy
Looking for somewhere to stay during your visit to North Wales, Bangor and Anglesey check out the great offers on Hotels
See our visit North Wales page for information in how to get North Wales and especially Bangor. You’ll also find information on the unique culture in North Wales and information on student life in Bangor.
We hope you found our Things to do in North Wales page helpful. Post the activities that made you stay in North Wales special for you. If you found this page interesting you might also be interested in our guide to things to do in Bangor.